1. This shot at the train station.
We’ll talk more about the cinematography in Since You Went Away in another post, but this is one of my favorite movie shots of all time.
2. Soda, the dog!
3. When Col. Smollett finds the quiet neighbor girl hiding in the garden.
4. Tony’s portrait of Fidelia.
5. This horoscope from Anne and Tim’s wedding day.
6. The snarky pin-setter lady at the bowling alley.
7. The reactions from Tony’s many admirers when they find out he’s back in town.
8. This shot when Anne and Fidelia have a difference of opinion with Emily at Jane’s graduation ceremony.
9. The way Tony carries mattresses.
10. The way Jane and Brig wear flowers in their hair.
Wearing flower clips in my hair is one of my favorite ways of adding a little vintage flair to my everyday style and the way Jane and Brig wear them in Since You Went Away is a big reason why I’m so fond of them. They make them look so chic and stylish.