First of all, I would like to thank all of you for making my Blogging Under the Stars extravaganza a big success! I had a wonderful time seeing so many movies that I have never seen before and I was thrilled by how much positive feedback I got from this event! Thank you so much for your support!
Last month, I was given a few awards from fellow bloggers that I’ve been meaning to pass on. First up is the Irresistably Sweet Award, which I was given by Meredith at Forever Classics, Rianna at Frankly, My Dear, and Natalie at The Swing Mood. I’m very flattered to have been given this one three times! Thank you, ladies! For this award, you list seven random facts about yourself and then tag 12 people to pass it on to.
1. I have three cats: Hobbes (who is 14), Cici (who is 2), and Roxie (who is 1).
2. I’m 5’7″
3. As far as I’m concerned, high school was the four most pointless years of my life.
4. Even though I’m in my 20s, Advanced Style is my favorite style blog. Those women in their 70s, 80s, and 90s have more genuine style than most of the 20-something hipsters I see out and about.
5. I go for 2-3 mile walks almost daily.
6. No matter how many times I see it, Some Like it Hot will always be hilarious to me.
7. I don’t watch a whole lot of TV outside of TCM, but I like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, American Pickers, The Simpsons, Twin Peaks, Freaks and Geeks, and Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Since I can’t remember who has and hasn’t been tagged for this one, I’m going to go ahead and say that if you haven’t been tagged already, consider yourself tagged and feel free to pass it on!
Last, and certainly not least, I’ve been given the Liebster award from Carly at The Kitty Packard Pictorial! Carly is one of my dearest movie blogger friends and her blog is a treasure trove of thoughtful and sharp articles as well as the best classic film pictorials on the web! She’s also the one who organized that spectacular Jean Harlow blogathon earlier this year. Thank you, Carly! Now it’s my job to pass it on to five other bloggers. It’s hard to pick just five!
Brandie, Carrie, and Nikki from True Classics. Their articles are always nothing less than insightful. They do a great job of shining the spotlight on stars both big and small, whether it’s through their Loving Lucy blogathon or their “Who’s That Girl?” series highlighting character actresses.
Jill from Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence. Jill is pretty new to the movie blogging world, but hers is definitely a blog to watch! Thanks for being one of my biggest supporters!
Jessica from Comet Over Hollywood. In addition to her smart articles, I love her fun recurring features like Actress Beauty Tips and Classic Movies in Music Videos!
Caroline from Garbo Laughs. Because I love any site where I can read about Can’t Stop the Music, get updates on which classic movies are coming to Netflix Instant, and enjoy a glam spam of Ginger Rogers.
Vincent from Carole & Co. His dedication to Carole Lombard is truly impressive! Rarely does a day pass where he doesn’t have something new to say about Carole or her friends and family.