Sometimes I come across a movie that is so incredibly charming, funny, and all-around stylish that I wish I could walk right into the movie and live in it. 1932’s This is the Night is definitely one of those movies. Here are eight reasons why:
1. Cary Grant singing while carrying javelins.
2. Most stylish sliding doors ever. Seriously, why can’t I just go to Home Depot and get doors like those? I want doors like those for my closet. Actually, all the apartments and hotel rooms are pretty awesome, I’d gladly live in any of them.
3. Even if you’re constantly getting your dresses caught in things, at least they’re fabulous dresses and you’ve got equally fab coats to cover yourself up with.
4. And if you’re not getting your dress caught in doors, you have the option of wearing some great pajamas.
5. You still look adorable even if you’re supposed to be the boring, plainly dressed one. Love Lili Damita’s hat here!
6. Getting to hang out with the hilarious Charlie Ruggles and Roland Young.
7. Railway workers who practically choreograph putting luggage on the train.
8. Simply getting to exist in such a fun, hilariously pre-code world!